Sunday, May 6, 2012

Applesauce Cake

Hello, all! I know I am a few days late with my post, and for that I apologize. However, I PROMISE I did bake on Thursday afternoon, and bake I did! I made my mother-in-law's Applesauce cake for my fiance. It is one of his favorites, and with his toothache, something soft enough he can chew without hurting. Because it is a family recipe of hers, I do not feel comfortable posting the recipe without her permission. Once I ask her and if she agrees, I will be more than happy to share it with all of you.

Here are some pictures of how it turned out:




The last image shows an awesome close up of the raisins, chopped apples and the walnuts I added to the batter. According to Joni's recipe, those three ingredients are not necessary, but it definitely adds flavor to the batter. While I am not the biggest raisin fan, Keith loves them, so I put them in. However, putting in the apples, raisins and walnuts made my batter so much BIGGER, that I had to make two cakes because the batter did not fit all in one pan. Next time, I think I am going to omit the chopped apples so I do not cut my finger while peeling. =/ Yes. I am not the safest person in the kitchen. 

This applesauce cake is moist and full of spice. It's perfect for breakfast, dessert or even a snack. Feel free to make it without the extras, or put your favorite ingredients in. The actual recipe calls for pecans, or you could even add cranberries if you like them. It's a delicious dish!

2 comments:

  1. I looooove applesauce cakes! they are always so yummy and a good alternative if you want to make a "healthy dessert"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get permission to post the recipe! What a great "friend" it would be hanging out with my banana bread recipe. It looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete