Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Perfect Treat

I wish I had more time to blog and bake, everyone! Unfortunately, it is getting to be that time of the semester where time is scarce and there is just too much to do. Luckily, I did get to bake a treat this weekend. It is one of my absolute favorites because it combines the wondrous qualities of both brownie and chocolate chip cookie.

You guessed it: Caramel Chocolate Chip Brownies.

You should be able to read everything off there, but if you can't, please let me know, and I will manually post the recipe one day when I have more time.





Sometimes I like to tell you all about the substitutions I do to make the recipe a little healthier but taste just as good. THIS recipe, on the other hand. Is absolutely perfect as is. The only thing I do a little differently is change the amount of chocolate chips because my pan is a little smaller. If you are using a small pan, use about one cup of chocolate chips. 1.75 is just too much because it makes it too heavy and too chocolatey. However, if you are using a large pan, try using about 1.25 cups of chocolate chips instead. You really want to taste the brownie part of this treat, not just the chocolate.

What's great about this recipe is that you can substitute anything for the chocolate chips: walnuts, pecans, white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, mint chocolate chips, or even butterscotch syrup instead of caramel. It's great because you could make it for several different occasions, but never make it the same way twice.

This is my "Finals Week Treat" to myself. Definitely try this recipe! It does NOT let you down.

Happy baking!

1 comment:

  1. omg. this looks heavenly....definitely making myself a finals week treat!

    ReplyDelete