Friday, June 8, 2012

Toffee Crunch Muffins. . . Without the Toffee!

Remember one of my first posts about the yummy Toffee Crunch Muffins?


Instead of making this EXACT recipe, I decided to make dinner muffins out of them instead!

Regular Muffins from Kitchen Aid Baking Basics:
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1 egg, beaten
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 . Grease 10 standard muffin cups (I think I made mine smaller because I used 18 muffin cups).
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and slat in bowl of electric stand mixer. Combine milk, sour cream, egg, butter and vanilla in small bowl until well blended. Stir into flour mixture until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. 
3. Bake for about 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out smooth (I had to bake mine for 25 minutes, but start with less time and then go up). Remove from pans; cool on wire racks 10 minutes. 




All I did was omit the toffee! They remained a little sweeter because of the milk, brown sugar and vanilla, but were really great fresh out of the oven with the beef stew I made on a stormy night. I also reheated them a few nights later in the oven, and they tasted the same as the first night! Keith likes to eat them with butter, but I personally like them plain. Either way, they are a perfect carb for dinner or breakfast!






No comments:

Post a Comment